|best day ever vs. worst day ever
||[Jun. 18th, 2006|01:23 pm]
|||||pet monster - "space madness"||]|
best day ever: Friday, June 16th
- woke up and got coffee, met up with my friends chris and christen and went the beach.
- spent the afternoon at the beach, reading trashy fashion magazines and hanging out.
- we all went out for Thai food afterwards
- went the thrift store and bought a bunch of awesome vintage dresses from the 50's/early 60's, some strappy gold sandals that look like their about 20 years old and have never been worn, a cute light spring/fall coat, and sunglasses (because i'm a sunnnies WHORE).
- got cuted up, then went to see Kiddo and the Dirtbombs at the Beachland, and got in for free because the man working the door recognized me from my band and let me in for free.
- went to the wine bar on west market street and got free food because christen and i are adorable and they were low on french bread. drank one of the best glasses of wine i've ever had.
worst day ever: Saturday, June 17th
- starting at 1am, my friend brian got held up at gunpoint in ohio city, as he was walking across the block to the wine bar to meet us. he didn't even have to walk a full block and got robbed before he got there. ohio city is a mess.
- woke up and found out that my car had gotten hit over night while parked on a side street in lakewood, near where i'm staying, had to file a police report and call the insurence company, and subsequently, was an hour late for work.
- i opened a soda while driving and it exploded all over me and my car, making it look like i totally pissed myself, and adding to the mess that is my car.
- got to work and it was my friend tom's last day, and i had to work alone with my boss all afternoon.
- found out i have to go home next weekend for family stuff, immediately after we play some music festival.
then, it started getting a little better...
- my landlord walked us through our new house to show us all the work he's done to the place, and it's looking awesome so far.
- found out we can start moving in 6/18 for sure, and that we're also getting a new refridgerator and dryer in addition to everything else that's been done to the place.
then it got worse...
- lost the keys to chris's apartment twice before i even got out the door... then left my bass at the apartment and had to turn around and go back and pick it up.
then it got better...
- we dressed up as old people for the costume party/anti-CMJ Cleveland show we were playing
- i had a fun time, got a little drunk, and had a really really good couple-hours-long conversation with pat from pet monster. this did nothing but make me like him more. i want to hang out again soon.
i took a lot of pictures of people's costumes last night, i'll post pics later.
it was fun spraying andrew's chest hair grey to make him look like and old man... lol.